"To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day." - Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)
We believe the two most important things about a Bed &Breakfast are indeed the Bed and the Breakfast. That is why all our beds are equipped with luxury linen, sumptuous duvets and the most comfortable of mattresses. Meanwhile, our delicious breakfast (and don't just take our word for it!) are as hearty or healthy breakfast as you desire. It includes fresh fruit salad, yogurt and cereals, homemade preserves (unless we've run out!) and a choice of cooked breakfast using responsibly sourced local (the bacon and sausages come from a farm just down the road), and free-range produce including eggs from our own hens and ducks.
Enjoy your breakfast in our pleasant guests' breakfast room with views of the countryside, the Oasis (which is solely for the use of guests), or even on the garden patio on warmer days, so relax, take your time and relish your food.
Nothing sets the day off better than a great breakfast so we offer a full breakfast menu and can cater for most dietary requirements, including vegetarians and intolerances to allergies, for example, we have soya milk and spread if you are lactose or milk intolerant. If you have a special diet or particular requirements let us know when you book so we can be sure of meeting your needs. Otherwise, before you retire to bed tell us what you would like for breakfast (and when) so we can have it freshly prepared for you.
At breakfast, cold milk is always there for cereals and drinks and hot milk is easily sorted if you prefer. Likewise, if you wish fresh lemon with your tea just ask.
Below is an example of what you can enjoy and you are welcome to eat as much as you like!
- Choice of fruit juices and hot drinks
- Creamy porridge topped with maple syrup, mixed seeds or fruit
- Choice of cereals (gluten-free available) &and Jenny's home-made granola
- Fresh fruit salad reflecting the seasons
- Creamy yogurt and fruit compote
Full Wiltshire comprising:
- Our own Free range eggs (fried, scrambled or poached)
- Rashers of local back bacon
- Grilled local sausages
- Fresh sautÃ©ed mushrooms
- Baked beans
- Fresh grilled tomatoes (from the garden when available)
A vegetarian alternative of the above with hash browns.
A lighter version of your choice:
- Jenny's delicious pancakes with fruit or bacon and drizzled with maple syrup
- Smoked salmon and scrambled egg on a buttered muffin
- Crushed avocado on toast topped with a poached egg
- Sauteed mushrooms on toast or any other option
- Boiled eggs with marmite soldiers
- Warmed all-butter croissant
- Granary or white toast or muffin with breakfast marmalade, strawberry conserve, honey, homemade specials (if not exhausted), peanut butter, marmite and probably more!
We have a fantastic bean to cup coffee machine with a special blend of Avalon Lodge Coffee (see if it isn't better than Costas, Starbucks or Neros!) and a wide selection of teas to choose (from Earl Grey to Peppermint Infusion and hot Ribena for those who like something different,) so you won't be disappointed.
"All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." - John Gunther